Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Day 1

I woke up nervous as ever. Do I have the strength to persevere through this challenging task? I feel I have been telling so many of my friends in order to have them hold me accountable. I don’t like being proved wrong, and the more people that know about my fast, the more likely I feel I will be able to finish it.

I started the morning by juicing 5 carrots and a couple of apples. The juice tasted surprisingly good and I began to feel alright about this fast. Preparation for lunch had to happen before I left for work so I cleaned the juicer and mixed a pear, an apple, and a peace of celery together. Even by lunch I still felt strong and by the time I made it home in the early evening I still felt great. Now fruits have a bunch of sugars so I decided dinner needed to be a heavy veggie mix and that way I could have a fruit drink before bed. The veggies don’t taste nearly as good as the fruits, but I expected this.

I ended up playing basketball on Monday night. Here I hadn’t consumed any food all day, and I was able to play for 30 minutes. I cut out a little early as I was feeling a little weak, but better than I anticipated. Bedtime came around 11:00, a little earlier than usually and I felt I got the best sleep I have had in ages. This 30 day fast can’t be so bad.

No comments: