Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Day 8

Ah, I have gotten behind in my journaling, but no worries, I am still fasting. Day 8 was Monday which is always a really slow day. Although I start my week on Sunday, half of my office is out on Monday so everything is just a little quieter and slower. Although the peace is really nice sometimes when you are trying to get big projects done, the quietness can feel kind of creepy.

Today my body feels a little slowed down. Besides feeling extra tired and having a cramp in my right arm, a woman I work with gave me a scare about protein. Do I need more protein than I am getting? I panicked and went straight to Wild Oats, which now I am fairly confident that I have enough protein and if I really crave it will have a glass of soy milk. Either way, as warned by everything I have studied, people will be suspicious of a fast. Why wouldn't they. I haven't had food except in the liquid form for 8 days yet my body feels good.

This evening I probably did something that wasn't the best for me. I played basketball. Its weird, my arm was feeling tired, my body was tired, yet I scored more points than I have all season, but I know the running around was not letting my body take care of healing process. None the less, I will watch the physical activity at least until next Monday when our game comes around.

No comments: