Saturday, January 27, 2007

Day 5

Well, each day I keep writing about how this is so easy and I really haven't been craving food nearly as much as I imagined. That banter stops now! I have been so hungry all day that I haven't been able to think about much more. I still have energy and my body feels healthy with the exception of a few pains that feel like growing pains.

A friend of mine and I were in the mall this afternoon and we passed by a hotdog stand. They had these deliciously looking hotdogs that looked like giant pigs in a blanket. I seriously considered ending the fast right then and there, but deep down I knew that I would only feel aweful afterwards. Not only would I have broken my own promise, but something tells me I need to be careful about the amount of greasy and buttery food I put into my body. I have given up on trying to explain to people why in the world I am fasting on nothing but juice for 30 days. It seems worthless to even try to explain in any form of encounter. Everyone just looks at me like I am some complete idiot, which the more I try to rationlize why I am doing this, I believe there might be some truth to it.

At least every five minutes I think about what food I will eat first, how great all of my favorites taste and if it is possible to juice a cheeseburger. Sushi seems to be the choice right now for my first real meal which will come a few days after breaking the fast. Will I make it to double digits? Food... I miss you so much....

No comments: