Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Day 2

I have been reading a few people’s accounts of their own 30 day juice fasts and everyone had me terrified about day two. Although, I have been hungry most of the day, the hunger has been controllable. It was not until the afternoon that my stomach started to rumble and I worked through that. By the time the early evening rolled around I was a little nervous. I haven’t had a BM all day and this is supposed to be about detoxifying my body through a cleansing process. As I continue my fast, I am sure I can find ways of regulating this.

I made my second trip to the grocery story this evening to try some new concoctions and find ways of getting more out of my juices. I picked up a bunch of spinach, beets, sweet potatoes, random fruits such as mangos and a honey dew, cantaloupe, some ginger root, more carrots, apples, some grapes, and without sharing any more details, some laxatives.

My body feels fine surprising well, and if the rest of the days are easy as day two then bring it on. The hardest part about the day was when a friend of mine brought over his dinner and it smelled so delicious. My sense of smell is already starting to improve, especially with foods. He was having Huey's Buffalo Wings which may be one of my first meals after the fast.

Lessons learned from day 2: A half of a lemon juiced in vegetables helps make them taste a lot better.

No comments: