Monday, February 5, 2007

Day 14

Super Bowl Sunday! What a day. Not only are two of my favorite teams playing but it is such a festive and fun event. I worked all day. Today was one of my longest, about 13 hours without a break. That wasn't hard. Being at our Youth Group Super Bowl party with all the delicious looking treats everywhere and not eating was difficult. I bought my first bit of processed vegetable juice or V8 for my own consumption at the party. Everyone was sipping on the Dr. Peppers and munching on chicken and sausage gumbo. Everywhere there was food and treats and snacks from cookies to cheese dip. I would normally be in heaven and at many times I thought about breaking the fast.

However I feel better. I look better. My head is clearer. I know this is good for me as difficult as it is, the results are already here and making a difference. This may not be a cleansing experience. It really hasn't been as spiritual as I expected initially either, but I now it is good for me and helping me to regain control of my body.

No comments: