Thursday, February 15, 2007

Post Fast Day 1

What happened to 30 days? Just like so many others, I didn't make it either. And I am just fine with that. First let me explain why. I juice fasted for many reasons, curiosity being a large one, but more importantly to break a nasty habit and to lose weight. They say it takes 21 days to break a habit so habit broken. And I lost a final 37 pounds. Since I have run a few times, my body is starting to get hungry again. I don't want to damage my body or send myself into shock. I like the new look, although my clothes don't fit, and feel much better. I have started drinking soy milk which has a lot of protein, and I believe that to be triggering my body to want more protein. If I am supposed to be healthy and trying to change my lifestyles the last thing I want to do is hurt myself by working too hard with out the right nutrients.

I went to lunch at a place down the street from work and had a small salad and water. I paid eight dollars with tip! One of the joys of fasting was how easy it was for me to save a little. For dinner, I made some raw veggie spring rolls which I probably will be very sick of by the time I have really broken the fast.

In addition to breaking the fast, I ran 2 miles, and played basketball for a whole 4o minute game. I am feeling wonderful and surprised I can handle all the miles and exercise. Keeping the weight off will be a challenge, but I think I am ready for it.

1 comment:

Eleanore said...

I really enjoyed reading this blog. I am very proud of you, JBB!