Thursday, February 8, 2007

Day 17

What is spiritual enlightenment? I still have no clue. I am not sure what I was expecting except at day 17 I certainly don't think this is hell, yet I also am quite certain that I have not been enlightened. But what I have found wonderful is this new ability I seem to have to concentrate. All week, I have been focused, determined, and very efficient. I have accomplished more this week in three days then what I would think possible in a full week.

Yet this might not be due to my fasting. I have my 3rd boss in almost three years, but the parish gets the impression that Mark will be here for quite a while. Things finally seem to be leveling out at church as my coworkers and I are beginning to feel functional again. Still, I have had no caffeine in these 17 days, which if you had asked me when I had started, I would be surprised I would even be able to work. I wake up fairly easily and although I need to wake up an entire hour before I want to be at work now, (juicing takes a little longer in the morning than an ego, bagel, or no breakfast), I feel refreshed in the morning and able to tackle the full day.

On the health side, I haven't lost a little weight in a while. I got on the scale tonight and back at 202lbs. My weight has increased? I haven't had a BM in about a week, so tomorrow I will start to be a little more regular with the laxatives. I do feel pretty healthy and I am starting to understand what people mean when they talk about this feeling of youthfulness that starts to hit around this time of the 30 day fast. I honestly do feel better than I have in years, and I haven't even had any solid food!

No comments: