Monday, February 12, 2007

Day 21

This is the 3 week mark, a goal I am proud to have finished. Today is Sunday, my busiest work day and as soon as I made it to church, everyone is noticing the weightloss. I love the fact that I look better, but I hate telling people how I have been doing it. People look at me and think I am crazy. Maybe I am. After Sunday school, I headed home for a quick mango, pineapple, and pear juice, my new favorite, before heading off to our championship game. We are playing St. Francis, the number 1 seed who has beaten everyone all year year and has a record of I believe 24-1. They have beaten us by 20 points the two times we played them. It doesn't really matter, I am proud of my boys and their year, and they should feel so proud of themselves for making it this far.
As it turns out, my boys didn't want to give up. They played better defense then they have played all year and St. Francis couldn't handle the pressure. The Grace St. Luke's 5th grade boys are the new Bishop's Tournament champions. I know winning isn't everything but it really feels good today.
I have been struggling with ending the fast most of the day. I know I will make it through the day and all my afternoon programing, but I think I am ready to eat again. I am hungry and I have been saying, whenever I get hungry, I need to eat. Is this what hunger feels like? I will decide tomorrow if it is time to break the fast.

No comments: